Stern Carving HMY Victoria & Albert III
Victoria & Albert III
© National Maritime Museum
Kidbrooke Stores, NMM
Stern carvings made up of 111 separate parts.
Transferred from Admiralty after the yacht was broken up in 1954.
Royal Yacht, designed by William White. The third yacht to be named 'Victoria and Albert' and fitted with two sets of triple expansion, 4 cylinder engines. Built at Pembroke Dock on 9th May 1899 in steel and launched in 1899, she measured 380 feet in length by 40 feet in the beam with a tonnage of 4,700. The yacht was used regularly up until the Second World War when she was laid up and used as an accommodation ship in Portsmouth harbour. The ‘Victoria and Albert’ (III) was finally sold in 1954 for breaking at Faslane, Scotland.
National Maritime Museum
Royal Museums Greenwich, London, SE10 9NF
Ownership can be cited online
Accessible to public
Data verified by owner